"Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Friday, January 25, 2008

Fearlessness!

Well, hello again everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to write again. I am just not very good at this blogging thing. I don't ever seem to find the time to blog and when I do have the time I never know what to write. Shocking isn't it? Me not knowing what to say! Well, I certainly wasn't sure what to say Friday morning. Last weekend was the basketball tournaments here at GBS. I think there were about five or six highschools that came for the weekend. It was a lot of fun and I was so excited because Bird Lake came as well and I got to see my friends from High School. Well, Friday morning they decided to have a special service for all the schools and they asked four of the college students to share a short little testimony about life at GBS. Well, I was one of them, along with Ryan Watters, who was asked to speak. I found this quote that night and had to laugh because it sure wasn't me!

" Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It's the mastery of fear. It's about getting up one more time than we fall down." --Arianna Huffington

I was so scared I thought I was going to be sick. When they asked me if I would do that for them I said, very hesitantly, "I guess I can, but that's a lot of people." In which I was told, "Oh, it's not that many, just 3 or 4 hundred." Well, needless to say I did it and, amazingly, I didn't get sick. I didn't really feel like I did all that great, I left out a few things I wanted to say, but I guess all in all I did okay. Well, things aren't too busy in the office right now. We are in the process of moving offices around and I am also in the process of writing a few faculty and staff biographies for the GBS website, a wee bit stressful, but other than that things are pretty much the same. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures right now, that is one of the many things (my camera) I accidentally left at home when I came back from Christmas Break, along with all of my towels. Oh well, things are working out and I'm going home this weekend, so I can bring the things I need back. Hope everyone back home is doing alright! Bye for now!

3 comments:

Cheryl Watters said...

I watch your blog almost every day to see if it is updated, so I was very excited to see the new update. Ryan said you did VERY GOOD on your speech. He said he didn't have a train wreck (meaning he didn't flop) but he didn't do as good as you. I think he's pretty proud of his 'sister, Becky'. I am proud of you and I know that all of these sorts of things are just preparing you for what God has in store for your future. You a beautiful young lady, with a bright future, and I am proud to be called, "momma number two". Love ya lots

Phil & Sue Arnold said...

Now to hear from your #1 mom. You know we've always fought over who you really like best!!! I am so excited about you coming home this week-end. Dad took the entire day off and we got up early (you know how your Dad is) and started in on your room. It is now completed!!!! Dad is just doing some touch-ups to the touch-ups that he had to touch-up when he touched-up. I'm sure you know what I mean. I am planning on getting everything back together this afternoon. It is really looking good!! Love ya! Mom

Leah said...

Well, then I guess "Aunt Leah" better chime in here! Great to see that you're doing well. I'm sure college life is fun and stressful at different times. Hang in there!! Thinking of you and praying for you!!