"Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Life goes on!

Well, I had hoped today I would be writing a victory post, that didn’t happen. I was really disappointed, I thought with so many unanswered questions around Obama that there was no way the American people would actually vote for him, but they did. I really didn’t think he had a chance, but I guess I was wrong.
Tuesday night we went to a party the Walberg’s were having in Jackson. We stayed there until about 11 o’clock. When we left, Walberg was over 3,000 votes ahead. The next morning I heard that he had lost by a small margin. Again, I was disappointed. I also found out that many other Republican positions were also lost. Now the House is mainly Democratic.
When I heard all this, the first question that popped in my mind was, “What are we going to do now?” Well, I think I have the answer. We are going to get up every morning, have breakfast, go to school or work and spend our days like we normally do. Do you see where I'm going with this? Life goes on! Yes there will be changes, and I can’t say that they won’t affect us, because they probably will. But it’s not the end of the world, I promise. : ) We have had presidents before that we didn’t agree with and we survived, how is it any different now? I am still a little scarred of Obama. I don’t fully trust him, but he is our President now, therefore, it is my Christian duty to respect him, as president, and to pray for him. I can only hope that he will take his job as President seriously and honestly do what is good for the American people and not just what is good for his career. Most importantly, we may have a new President, but we still have the same God. And He is still in control. No matter who is President, as long as we turn to God, He will take care of us.
Well, in four years we get to do it all over again, and you can be sure that I will be right in the middle of it all. I only regret that I didn’t do more this time. And for those of you who may be thinking, “What was the point in voting, it didn’t change anything, Obama still won?” It did matter; it did count; it did make a difference. It’s like playing sports. What’s the point in playing the game if there is a chance you will not win? The point is the satisfaction in knowing that you put forth an effort. You tried and that’s all that matters. You’re a good American, Charlie Brown. : )

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Good Post! I think you've got the right perspective! Keep smiling!