"Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Friday, July 27, 2007

My Grandparents.



These are my best friends, my grandma & grandpa Murphy. My grandma passed away March 17, 2007. We found out a few days after Christmas that she had cancer. Grandma was always there for her grandchildren and she was the most fun to be with. We always went places with her. I would go and spent a couple of weeks with them in Florida sometimes. There were a lot of times I would come home from school and not be able to find anything to snack on so I would ride my bike to Grandma & Grandpa's house. I miss my grandma very much, but I know she is in a better place and she will be waiting there for me. She was a very godly woman who loved God with all her heart. No one could ever doubt that. She was always ready to stand up in church and thank God for something. Even if it was just thanking Him for helping her find something she had needed for a good price at a garage sale. She is dearly missed by her family, but we will always remember her as a smiling, encouraging, godly grandma.

2 comments:

urhis said...

Becky your grandma was indeed a Saint. She has blessed so many lives and I will always think of her as she requested prayer so faithfully for her family. What a Godly heritage you have.

Cathy Avery

Cheryl Watters said...

Becky you are blessed to have godly grandparents and I am sure you miss your grandma. Your grandpa is very special and I am so happy to hear you are spending so much time with him. He needs you and will miss you when you are at GBS, but I am certain he is happy for you. Love ya girl! Your second momma - Cheryl Watters